Satin Ice Fondant All You Need To Know! 0
Satin Ice Fondant is made from a premium quality recipe allowing you to create a smooth, elegant finish perfect for custom wedding, novelty and special-occasion desserts. Satin Ice Fondant can be used to cover cakes as well as create decorative borders, flowers, figurines, drapes & bows.
In this blog we will provide all the resources you need to learn how to work with this professional fondant. Over 80 Videos and Files!
- Just getting started? Learn with these quick videos!
- Here you can view all the Satin Ice Classic Fondant Tutorials!
- Tutoriales en español
- Getting Started Info Sheet
- Trouble Shooting Sheet
- Print Fondant Coverage Sheet
- Fondant FAQ and Tips
- Color Mix Chart
Introducing Tropical Fondant!
Need a fondant that allows you to work with it longer, extra elastic that prevents cracking, and is freezer friendly! Satin Ice Tropical is not just a fondant that works better in humid climates but improves the classic Satin Ice formula by adding extra elasticity, dry's slower, and is capable of being frozen without the dreaded sweating that happens to normal fondant. If you need it colored you can mix it with any Satin Ice classic fondant and watch as you can transfer all the amazing properties that tropical fondant offers!
- Robert Luna
- Tags: How To
Doux Luster Dust Shiny Metallic Colors 0
Learn how to use pearl dust / color dust to paint on fondant: Mix ethyl alcohol (e.g. vodka, gin, anise, or applicator) with Doux* pigment until obtaining a uniform mixture, then apply it on your creation.
Order from the 19 different color options here: Doux Luster Dust
1) The Silver pigment can be mixed with any liquid or powder food coloring, and it will make a pearl color; although the intensity of the color will decrease, it will still be pearled.
2) Whenever you apply pearl pigment into alcohol, make sure to use ethyl alcohol (the one you find in liquors). Do not use isopropyl alcohol, which is the one you use to heal wounds.
3) Liquor to be used can be Vodka, Gin, Rum, Anise, Tequila, etc. Only make sure the volume of alcohol printed on the label of the bottle must be of 40% or more.
4) Graphite pigment which provides a silver tone, can be lightened using Silver pigment.
5) When making edible paint to apply on chocolate, Doux pigments must be mixed with coconut oil, olive oil, or any other oil of your choice. Never with alcohol or water.
6) Doux pearl pigments can be applied with cotton, brush, airbrush, or dip.
7) Doux pigments are pearled pigments, not colorants. Therefore, their properties are different. A “Yellow Doux” mixed with a “Blue Doux” does not result in a pearly green color.
8) Our Doux pearlescent pigments offer an infinite range of effects, depending on the color of the background where they will be applied it will result the final effect.
9) Our Doux pearlescent pigments can give more or less coverage as well as greater or lesser brightness depending on the particle size.
10) Our Doux pearlescent pigments can be stored for more than five years without losing their properties, because they have no organic component or any artificial coloring.